Last night made the leather badge for the front of the jacket. It will hang down from the button of the pocket (a bit like French police badges). It is the first time I tried embroidering leather. It worked quite well. It did tend to snap the thread more than fabric and some of the detail is a little lost as the thread sunk a bit into the surface. Using a top dissolvable stabiliser like you do with fleece might solve this. On the good side the leather did not stretch or move.
I got the scrap of leather from Helen in work. Her husband is a LARPer and I asked if he might have any leather offcuts to spare. He was making armour at the moment so I was in luck.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.