I am in the process of learning how to work with the embroidery machine. Last night I did a bit of trial stitching on the black fabric of a name badge for Beth’s new swimming bag. The bag was made by Kate. I showed Beth my fabric scrap stash when she wandered round (with hot cross buns!) this morning. She decided she wanted Elizabeth not Beth and chose a piece of day-glow orange. She then selected the font and after a making the stitch file and doing a test we made label. Kate now has the fun of stitching it onto the bag. I left the stick-on interfacing on the back as the fabric is very slidey and tends to fray.
The yellow Beth is stitched over a piece of craft foam to produced raised lettering. Worked ok, but I think I need a tighter stitch.
The gothic Beth I started in metallic thread but it kept snapping. Need to sort the tension before trying that again.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.